Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easy Homemade Mayo Recipe

Stop overpaying for mayo! This Easy Homemade Mayo Recipe is creamy and has a taste that will leave you wanting more!

Easy Homemade Mayo Recipe


I love mayo on my sandwiches, but I hate the price tag that it carries. Seriously. In my opinion, it is utterly ridiculous to charge upwards of $4.00 per jar for something that is so simple to make! Now? I don’t pay that and whenever I want mayo, I just whip up a batch of this easy homemade mayo instead! It’s incredibly simple and it tastes so much better than what you’ll find on any store shelf! Plus there are no preservatives in it either so it’s better for you! When you make this, you may end up with the typical white color, OR you may end up with more of a yellow color depending on whether you use regular mustard or dry mustard. Either way is fine and it tastes the same. Doesn’t mean you did anything wrong. :) This recipe will make around 1 and 1/4 cups mayo and serving size is about a tablespoon.

You will Need:
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (you can use regular mustard if you don’t have dry.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (can be omitted if you need but it will change the taste slightly)
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine add egg, dry mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 cup oil. You can also just use your blender if you prefer but I like to do things by hand so I use a small mixing bowl and a handheld stick blender.
Whip on low for 1-2 minutes. You’ll notice your eggs will get frothy. This is normal.
Turn your blender   off, and scrape the sides of your bowl down.
Turn the blender back on and SLOWLY add the remaining 3/4 of oil. When I say slowly, I mean slowly. Add it in as a slow drizzle like you would if you were drizzling chocolate. mmmmmm chocolate…*ahem* sorry, got disctracted.
Continue to add the oil and blend until you have the consistency of mayo.
Easy peasy! It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and I promise. You will enjoy it immensely! Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers! It will keep for about 2 weeks in the a covered dish in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment